It seems as though we have hit a dead-end on all of our hard work to procure funding for personnel and operations in our basic emergency services program, Juntos. I am extremely saddened and frustrated for the hundreds of individuals, families, children, seniors, and disabled; and the prospect of having to look into their perplexed eyes and tell them we may no longer be able to assist them in their time of great need.
We have taken drastic measures to secure funding, including emergency funding from our current partners. I am making preparations for the reality that we may have to shut the program in its entirety down by January 1, 2012.
We are calling on you as community members and supporters to help us support this program. Below are some action items and ways in which you can help:
- Make a donation on Colorado Gives Day, when you give on December 6th, your donation is doubled. You can also mail or drop-off any cash or check donations.
- Connect with your contacts. Know anyone in the foundation or funding community? Let them know that we need their help.
- Write a letter of support and send it to us. Tell our funders how important our programming is to you as a community member. (Send to 4055 Tejon St. Denver, CO 80211 or email@example.com)
- Leave a Facebook comment on our page about how Servicios’ Juntos, basic emergency services program has impacted you.
- Share this link our page with your Facebook friends.
- Do you have any ideas? Let us know!