VISTAS (Victims in Safe Transition and Self-Sufficiency and Domestic Violence Program) program provides culturally and linguistically responsive services for English and Spanish-speaking victims of domestic violence, stalking, dating violence, and sexual assault.
VISTAS provides a wrap-around, culturally responsive continuum of support to victims.
- Extensive case management
- Legal advocacy
- Assistance filling out legal documents for divorce
- Child custody and protection orders
- Victim’s Advocates, who may accompany clients to court and guide them through the legal process while offering moral support
- Connection to legal resources as needed
- Immigration lawyers for potential recourse through a U-Visa or the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
Throughout the year, VISTAS consistently provides ongoing support groups for victims of sexual assault, as well as several support groups for victims.
VISTAS also operates a 24 hour crisis line for victims of domestic violence, that is staffed by staff and volunteers.